Top Mil
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
The Current Item Is: [Bronze Bars] Buy For Max, Dump at 580

Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xplsn_Roolz
Top Merchanter
Top Merchanter
Xplsn_Roolz

Rep : 1

Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.   Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:33 am

The Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.

I've seen a few posts where people are asking about investing/merching, so I've decided to add this post to both describe it and help you make the most of your money.
First off let me say, I've had 2 main accounts... One which is now currently banned and the other which I play on today. I went from having nothing.... 0gp, to having close to 600M + items.

Rule 10. Investing/Merchanting?
Ok this isnt really a rule, but i feel as if I need to put it on here. Investing is also knows as Merchanting and merchanting involves buying an item at a low price and waiting until the item is at its peak then selling it for maxium profit. This process could take anything from a day to week and possibly even longer.

Rule 9. Runescape's "Rule 2"
According to Runescape's rules... Rule number 2 states: "You must not scam or deceive other players. And lying to other players for your own personal gain is not in the spirit of fair play."
Investing/Merchanting is NOT scamming, deceiving or lying to other players... Therefore you are NOT breaking the rules. You are simply buying low and selling high.

Rule 8. Be Friendly and Co-Operative.
Having common courtesy goes a long way, just by being friendly can be very beneficial and in the end could, even earn you extra money. Who knows, you may even be ranked (fingers crossed).

Rule 7. Don't Get Discouraged.
If your interested in investing... Give it a go. Even if it's just on a small scale, you will noticed the difference in just a few days, so do yourself a favour and give it a go.

Rule 6. Money Making.
It's important that while investing you make money elsewhere. By making money while your item is being merched, it allows you to level up and when Top Mil decides to invest in a new item you will be able to buy more and in the end make ALOT of money.

Rule 5. Buy At Max and Max Out Your Slots.
This is a very important rule but unfortunately I can't get it any closer to number 1. When buying your merch item make sure you buy at the maximum price and make sure you max out the amount of slots you are buying from in the Grand Exchange... This will ensure that in the end you will have more of the item and that you make lots more money.

Rule 4. Advertising.
Try advertising for Top Mil. As I am currently writing this I am not affiliated with Top Mil other than merchanting with them (hopefully that changes someday soon) but I do take this into consideration... With more people comes more merchanters, which in the end means more money for me and everyone else that is merchanting, so while im superheating, alching, fletching etc... I do advertise that people join Top Mil.

Rule 3. Don't Wait Until The Last Minute.
A very basic but crucial rule. To make the most out of your money you have to get in early, to do this always be in the Top Mil clan chat and buy when everyone else is buying, don't start buying when everyone else is dumping the item.

Rule 2. Only Invest What You Can Afford.
Probably the most common problem involved with investing. Heres a realistic example.. Say you have 1,000,000gp and your interested in investing, if you know and your 100% sure that you wont need any cash until the item will be dumped then invest as much as you can. If you know that you will need money then dont spend it all merching... In the instance of having 1,000,000gp try putting away 10% (100,000gp) for a rainy day.

Rule 1. - Be Patient.
This rule I cannot stress enough. It is the most important rule if you plan on investing your money in anything. Take this scenario for example... Top Mil decides to merch an item, the current buy price is 100gp and the dump price is 500gp, If you dump your items at around 300gp you will have lost quite a considerable amount of money. Say you buy 1000 of the merch item and you dump early
1000 * 100gp = 100,000gp <- How much you paid
1000 * 300gp = 300,000gp <- Early Dumping price
1000 * 500gp = 500,000gp <- Top Mil Dumping Price
500,000gp - 300,000gp = 200,000gp <- How much money lost due to early dumping.

So that's it... That's the top 10 rules of investing, if you liked it, hated it or think something needs to be changed just post below. I'll be updating and possibly even upload pictures later on to let everyone know how successfull investing with Top Mil is.

Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. N4ta4x11
Back to top Go down
elvispiss
Merchanter
Merchanter
elvispiss

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.   Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:08 pm

i'm not sure that all the other clan members are gonna stick it to the end
i mean, maybe they decide to dump it, and when you dont play runescape, the price falls critical
that happened to me sometime, i had to sell the item at lower price than i bought it in the first place
Back to top Go down
Gleb
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.   Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm

very nice tips. Xplsn, what is your username in-game?
Back to top Go down
Xplsn_Roolz
Top Merchanter
Top Merchanter
Xplsn_Roolz

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.   Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Gleb wrote:
very nice tips. Xplsn, what is your username in-game?

Hey Gleb thanks for the reply, my in game user is mr mchagg1s
Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vincent821

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.   Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:16 am

nice post Smile

some rules i never knowed ;p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.   Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Tips For Investing/Merchanting.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Top Mil :: Merchanting :: Investing-
Jump to: